Jan 24, 2017:Video Added to playlist explaining 2017 Format.
Well, I've decided to make a NASCAR page since I am a NASCAR fan! Another reason I initially decided to make this NASCAR page was to place the current driver point standings on here because it was less bandwidth intensive for my folks who used to be on 24K dialup and the NASCAR website was so loaded down with, uhm..., "crap" it took forever to load for them. :\ They now have DSL so it's not so bad and as a result have been adding to the page.
Currently, as of 2017, my favorite drivers in the Monster Energy Cup Series are Dale Earnhardt, Jr., and Danica Patrick! While there are a number of others I like, I think I've decided upon Kevin Harvick as my third.
Yahoo Sports - NASCAR News -
Latest news and information about the NASCAR.
Times shown are Central, US
- Tuesday, March 28, 2017 7:18 PM CDT: Atlanta delays resurfacing of 20-year-old NASCAR track (The Associated Press) -
After numerous complaints from NASCAR drivers, the track announced Thursday it has postponed the repaving of the 20-year-old racing surface at least until after next year's race weekend. Speedway President Ed Clark said the decision was reached after consultations with NASCAR, Goodyear tire officials, race teams and their drivers. ''We appreciate all of the input we have received from key individuals in the NASCAR industry, as well as our customers,'' Clark said.
- Monday, March 27, 2017 5:00 PM CDT: COLUMN: NASCAR off to a fast start, but ratings still sink (The Associated Press) -
Bad news first: The overnight television ratings for NASCAR's race in California were down. The ratings were down for Phoenix, Las Vegas and Atlanta, too. Basically, nothing NASCAR does can stop this slide, it seems.
- Sunday, March 26, 2017 7:42 PM CDT: Second to none: Kyle Larson hangs on to win at Fontana (The Associated Press) -
Kyle Larson was second to nobody in his home state. Larson persevered through four late restarts to win at Fontana, adding his second career victory to his overall Monster Energy NASCAR Cup series points lead. ''Lots of fun to be Kyle Larson right now,'' Larson said with a grin.
- Saturday, March 25, 2017 10:26 PM CDT: Hamilton makes NASCAR history as first black race director (The Associated Press) -
Jusan Hamilton grew up working on cars in his grandfather's garage, and he has been in love with motorsports ever since. Hamilton hit a milestone Saturday when he debuted as a NASCAR race director for the Xfinity Series event at Fontana. ''I think this sport is open to everyone,'' Hamilton said.
- Saturday, March 25, 2017 7:34 PM CDT: Larson holds off Logano, wins Xfinity Series race at Fontana (The Associated Press) -
Kyle Larson hopes his NASCAR Xfinity race victory will catapult him to a weekend sweep at Fontana. Larson held off Joey Logano on the final lap to win another Xfinity race dominated by Cup drivers on Saturday. Larson thrived out of a late restart with smart moves and a clever lane choice on Fontana's five-wide asphalt.
- Saturday, March 25, 2017 5:07 PM CDT: NASCAR goes Hollywood with young drivers leading the way (The Associated Press) -
Ryan Blaney already had his Hollywood moment earlier in the week when he got a photo with actress Daisy Ridley at a Lakers game. ''She had no idea who I was,'' Blaney said with a grin. Hopefully the up-and-coming NASCAR driver is a bit smoother on the track at Fontana when he attempts to make another West Coast memory Sunday.
- Friday, March 24, 2017 9:06 PM CDT: Danica questions NASCAR discipline after no fine for Dillon (The Associated Press) -
When NASCAR decided not to fine Austin Dillon for running Cole Custer into a wall last week in Phoenix, other drivers were left wondering how the sport decides who gets fined and who gets away with rambunctious behavior. ''Give me my money back,'' Danica Patrick said Friday at Fontana. Patrick is among several drivers who have been fined for on-track shenanigans seemingly less egregious than the scrape between Dillon and Custer.
- Friday, March 24, 2017 8:36 PM CDT: Dale Jr prepares for 600th race after creating own legacy (The Associated Press) -
''I remember telling Tony that I would switch with him for a million dollars so he could do this instead of me,'' Earnhardt recalled Friday with a chuckle. Along with being NASCAR's most popular driver for most of his career, Junior has 26 victories, 252 top-10 finishes and two Daytona 500 trophies in his first 599 races. ''I just wanted to drive,'' the 42-year-old Earnhardt recalled.
Here's a small sampling of NASCAR Videos. Some of them are of big crashes, not that we hope anyone gets hurt! After the video starts playing you can click on the menu button to see other related videos. I take no responsibility for what YouTube deems as related :).
NASCAR on Twitter
Following are a few links to help you locate drivers, tracks, manufacturers, media, and fans to follow on Twitter:
- (Sunday, January 06, 2013): The #NASCARFOLLOWBACK Lists and effort by @Pourme (Benny Fry).
- Twitter's NASCAR Page : A new collaboration between Twitter and NASCAR (went live Thursday, June 07, 2012)
- Search for NASCAR Tweets (Friday, June 08, 2012: The URL has been updated since the normal search URL redirects you to the new Twitter/NASCAR page.
- My Twitter list of NASCAR Drivers
- My Twitter list of everything NASCAR related (NASCAR Fans, Drivers, Tracks, Teams, Sponsors, and Media).
- The Final Lap with Kerry Murphey » Twitter Guide to NASCAR Drivers and Tracks by @thefinallap
- NASCAR Twitter users at WeFollow
A #NASCAR Twitter Search Widget.
May or may not match exactly what shows in other #NASCAR searches.Tweets about "#NASCAR"
2017 NASCAR Monster Energy Cup Driver Standings
Table generated on: March 26, 2017 10:59:40 PM CDT
Click here for more printer friendly version.
After Auto Club 400 - Fontana, Race 5 of 26
Current driver standings as taken from
NASCAR - Standings - ESPN! Sports:
NASCAR® is a registered trademark of the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, Inc. this web site page is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by NASCAR®. the official NASCAR® website is "NASCAR® Online" and is located at www.nascar.com. Any NASCAR® related images on this page are Copyright NASCAR® and/or Turner Sport Interative, Inc. All NASCAR® and any other external links will open in their own browser window or tab, outside of my website.
Page last modified: March 20, 2017 1:13:14 AM CDT